This is the newest miniature that I created this week. I put a nice, icy blue as a base and waited overnight for it to dry. This morning I spread some glass bead medium over the surface and then etched in it with a sharp point. Once it was dry I loved the way it looked, but the design was hard to see. I decided what it needed was a wash of a darker color to bring out the pattern in the glass bead medium. I like how it looks now but the watercolor wash took the shiny brilliance away from the medium. I think the final step will be to put a glossy top coat over the surface. Though I took this with my flash attached it looks rather dark. I’m not sure it was working properly! Enjoy!