Here is how to have some fun creating art. I learned this from my daughter who dis it in Chemistry. I found that it is a well-known technique that is found easily on the web. But Jen and I didn’t know about it and have found it to be so much fun! Here’s a step by step approach…
First – the materials
Shaving cream, food coloring or ink, wax paper or a paper plate, and a toothpick or other object to make your design.
1. Place a blob of shaving cream on your wax paper of plate. The size will be largely determined by the size of the paper you will be using. I did a fairly small blob to create a 3×5 index card.
2. Spread the shaving cream out so you have a nice layer to which you can apply your color and later your paper.
3. Place drops of food coloring or ink onto the shaving cream. Food coloring is not archival – I’m hoping that the ink is.
4. Using the toothpick or other object, swirl the ink until you have made a design with which you are happy.
5. Place your paper, clean side down, over your design and press gently.
6. Pull your paper off and gently scrape off the cream. Paper towels can be used.
7. Voila – a unique piece of art!