Altered Book – Urban Sunrise

So I have been working on the second 2 page spread of my altered book.  I was searching to get the type of balance I managed to find in the first spread.  It took some time to work through.  I added a glaze and some additional papers but still hadn’t gotten the effect I wanted.  I tried covering the two pages with tracing paper to give it unity, and then painted over it with watercolor.  The real breakthrough came when I ripped that layer off after it had dried somewhat!  It added an effect that I really liked and I reapplied some of the scraps and liked where it was going.   Some areas were too bright and disconnected so I used a crayon to color softly over those areas to meld them into a whole.  I think it has definitely progressed from the first iteration.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s