What an evolution this piece went through. I started with a base and applied the leftover materials from yesterdays collage. A bit of red and brown paint and some red, cold wax medium. I applied them with a palette knife and scraped them until I had a rough layer across the surface. Then I walked away. When I came back I dribbled some gesso onto the surface and smashed it with wax paper. I did that a few times to mostly cover the surface. It left a nice texture. Again I left and returned once it had dried. I then grabbed some yellow and red watercolor and began painting those colors over the surface. When I had finished it made me think of sunrise and of a garden, but it was missing some greenery. So, I mixed up a bit of green and added it to the mix. I love the result – bright and pretty (at least I think so!).