I thought I would post a new piece on which I am working. It started out as this terrible blue color onto which I was going to attached other work. Okay, I didn’t think the blue was terrible when I started! The original idea never happened and I started gluing down squares and rectangles of newspaper onto it and writing random thoughts on them. I may return to that idea eventually. The problem was the BLUE. I hated it so I gessoed over the entire piece (except the edges which still need to be fixed!). I started a new piece based on the smearing technique I have used in some of my miniature collages. I placed paint on a piece of wax paper and dragged it across the surface, and then pressed the remaining paint in some areas. I did that a second time. I left it for a few days but the white gesso was killing me so I chose a nice warm color and painted in the background. I like it so much better now. And using a warm color is unique for me. I’m very much a blue/green sort of person. I added a bit more “smear” yesterday and will continue to work it. Sorry for the shine in the picture. I should have taken a few shots to make sure I got a good one. I cropped one to just the work and also have the one of it hanging on the wall. I was surprised at how much I liked it, as is, when I hung it up! Perhaps it is closer to completion than I might have though! Check it out and let me know what you think.