This collage started with a sheet of yellow paper. Yes, I know, it is no longer visible. I applied some white, sheer, cutout paper over the top, but it was too pale. I went to watercolor and added some blue. Still not working. I took some bronze and then some white acrylic and applied them with a plastic bag. Better but not there yet. I then took some watery black acrylic and applied that and ended up with a sort of grey mush. Time to carry on. I took some bright blue acrylic, applied it and left it to dry. I then added red acrylic in some areas. It was improving but still lacked a certain something. I applied a sheet of tracing paper over the top to unite the layers and add texture. It was better and I added a light red glaze to pick up the textural lines. I also added a bit of black ink, also to pick up the texture. It seemed to be missing a focal point so I added some matte medium peelings from my desk. That was what it took to complete it with a bit of gloss medium. Hence the “endless layers”.