To start today’s postcard I took a page of text from a magazine. I crumpled it roughly, spread it flat and sanded it lightly. I wanted to see how a wash of paint would appear on the altered surface. I glued the paper to the postcard and applied some black, brown and blue watercolor paint in a thin wash. It worked into the lined areas nicely, though once it dried I wished I’d made it a bit darker. But I was content to stay with it as is. While trying to decide what to do next I saw the image of a woman in a crucifix position and knew I wanted to use it. But as I cut it out I realized I didn’t want to use someone else’s image so I flipped it over and painted it black to just get the form. I placed it on the postcard and then saw the negative space left by painting the form. I liked that even more so I tore it out and applied it to the postcard and I loved the result.